Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Garden, 2018

So apparently I haven't taken pictures of the garden since I put the plants in; I'll have to do that sometime this week.

Turning over the garden this year involved digging up a lot of grass and ground ivy - probably half of the contents of the composter is just that.


I'm set up for cucumbers on the side with the composter, and the other side has the fence for peas and the tomato wires.  Since these pictures, I've planted out green and red cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, yellow squash, eggplant, green beans, and cucumbers on the left, and peas, tomatoes, jalapenos, green peppers, zucchini, pattypan squash, onions, and carrots on the right.  I've got some kind of volunteer cucumber on the right this year, too.


When we came back from vacation, I found this:


I might actually get grapes for the first time this year.  I just have to manage not to kill the vine while I continue my attempts to keep the oriental bittersweet along the back fence at bay.

I'll probably have zucchini next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment