Sunday, December 31, 2017

Goals

I've been making a Google Doc for the past five years that's just titled with the year.  It's a basic list of goals for the year, mostly having to do with health stuff and hobbies.

I don't do terribly well at most of them.  I still haven't cut back on the beads or fabric I have stashed in the dining room (preferably by using them), and the only way I hit my book goal this year was by binging on graphic novels, which feels like cheating, even though it really isn't.

I did manage to keep off about 25 pounds of the weight I've lost, and I have an aspirational target to help keep me on track.  I haven't met any of the exercise goals for the past five years, though.

But I've got some I guess kind of odd goals. I want to sort out how to use this blog versus my two websites, and sort out what I want to do with those.  I've got the WoW blog floating out there that I don't know if I want to just archive here, or leave separate.  I still want to reduce the number of email accounts I have (15, not counting work or school ones).

I did finish the Spanish course in Duolingo, so now I want to get through the German one (should be fast, since I took four and a half years), and then maybe start on Dutch.

The reading goal for this year hasn't changed in volume, but I want to get through most of the Humble Bundle ebooks I got this year.  It's a bunch of sci-fi and fantasy novels, and some short story anthologies.

So I guess we'll see how much time my class takes up this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment